I make photographs and videos at the Los Angeles Times.
I was born in the Tennessee, grew up in Africa, and studied documentary photography and art history at Western Kentucky University.
I am interested in how people belong and relate to their environment and in turn to each other. I care deeply about the rights of marginalized people and women and strive to tell their stories in new and helpful ways.
I love community storytelling and have mentored and taught photography to inner city and foster care kids.
Awards and Recognition
- POYI Multimedia Portfolio Award of Excellence 2016
- Instagram Featured Photographer to Follow 2015
- NPPA Best of Photojournalism Second Place Product of Mexico 2015
- PDN: 20 Emerging Artists to Watch in Film and Video 2014
- Eddie Adams Barnstorm class of XXVII
- POYI First Place Sports Multimedia Story 2013
- POYI Third Place Feature Story 2013
- AFF Addy Award "Build me a World" trailer 2013
- The Makework Grant 2012
- Hearst Multimedia Finalist 2012
- Photophilanthropy Community Grant 2011